10.03.2011

Monday BLAH-dom


Mondays are stinky...not sure why...just feeling the let-down after a full/fun weekend.

Some thoughts I have today:


Coffee is God's sweet nectar. I will ask him someday and he will say, "Why, yes Jill IT IS."

Fall is an amazing time of year. I am glad it is here...but when the leaves come down at The Glen. I feel naked. (The yellow chrysanthemum photo is from a bouquet Bob brought home...isn't it cheery?)

Jeans x7 in the dirty wash is not nearly as good as SHORTS x7.

Don't you hate it when you look forward to a movie (a comedy, SO we thought) and it turns out to be a HUGE downer with a depressing ending??

I decided I love the word soiree. Just say it...SWAH-RAY...it will cheer you up.

I am having trouble with the fact that the calendar says OCTOBER...what happened to August and September?

On a VERY good note...some of you asked about sweet Owen a dear 13 year old boy we love who has been very sick. After WEEKS in the hospital he has come home. We are praying for COMPLETE healing of his body. Thank you so much for your concern for him and your prayers. Emma wrote this tag on our Thankful Tree. (Thanks Sara for the idea-our WHOLE family has enjoyed it SO much already!)

16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

well, your post just brightened my blah monday, so thank you!

Jill said...

Woohoo on Owen coming home. Prayers for healing are being sent.

I LOVE your yellow flower. Can't help smiling when you see that.

Deb said...

I love yellow mums..they make me smile...your post made me smile also...

Brian Miller said...

yay on owen! coffee is nectar from God, of that i am sure...smiles. i love fall too...was freezing this morning though...brrr....

sara said...

your post made me smile....

7x jeans vs 7x shorts!
soiree!!!
Coffee is God's sweet nectar!

So great!

my thankful tree is FULL of color and blessings!!! I LOVE it!!! I will have to post a new picture of it!

The Bug said...

At last a kindred spirit! I'm not all that happy about it being October either. Sigh.

Baino said...

Oh I know how you feel. Just had a long weekend here and absolutely nothing social to do at all. Now it's Tuesday . . back to work. Blah is right.

Ella said...

Yea, Mondays are usually stinky but this day has been an exception and your post and comment made it even better!

Jeri said...

Jill!!!! I just saw your name on an old post in Sharon's blog. I had to scroll through to see if it was really y'all! Sam is so big now...so amazing. And the family looks fantastic and happy...even better.

Rebecca S. said...

Hi Jill! I'm also trying to come up with things I'm thankful for. Today on my Facebook page I wrote, "I like a little more sun with my October, but as we head into (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend I am thankful for my pumpkin pie recipe, my beautiful kids, and Vanilla Rooibos tea." I plan to do this every day until the weekend and you can be sure God's Sweet Nectar will be on the list! So glad to hear your young friend is on the mend, let's hope for a full recovery :)

Betsy Brock said...

I love Monday! :)

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

oh, Jill, this made me laugh! it's almost tuesday! :)

Zuzana said...

Dear Jill, I agree with you on the Mondays, dislike those too.;) And I too feel like every month is passing faster and faster. We have had some gorgeous Indian summer, but it is ending soon.
What a lovely flower, you lucky girl.;)
xoxo

Tanna said...

Glad to hear Owen is home! That is a cheery yellow mum Bob brought for his Monday Blah Wife. ;)

I'm sure coffee is God's sweet nectar. LOL! So, what movie is that??? I do not want to make the same mistake! Bummer!

Soiree! LOL! Love it.

Hope your Tuesday is Terrific! blessings ~ tanna

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a good week by now...:D

steviewren said...

I missed out on Monday Blah-dom, but I'm here in time to wish for you a fantastic Friday, a Super Saturday and a Sweet Sunday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails