10.01.2010

A FALL FRIDAY....

We all enjoy getting some fall decorations put up around The Glen. This year we are excited to have our home grown pumpkins to brighten up the place. It is Homecoming Weekend at our local University and we expect guests! I made my first pot of chili of the season.

The little kids love to make crafts and paintings for the Fall season.

My sweet friend, Rebecca showed up the other night with this gorgeous fall table runner. I LOVE IT! What a thoughtful gift! It is made from old quilts.

Our Cleveland Pear trees are having to give in to the cooler temps...they are just starting to change color.

The field corn is ready for harvesting! When the corn comes down we always feel "naked" at the house for a few days...the kids pointed out this a.m. that with the corn down we will be able to see the bus coming much sooner. I am eager for the field corn to go as the coyotes hunt in it at night and their mournful cries/howls give me the CREEPS!

I love Fridays!
Have a wonderful weekend friends!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this!
Your decorated entry is fabulous as is your table runner! I love it!
We will be harvesting our corn too...acres and acres...I love when we get this done only my allergies don't! :) We farm on a dairy so we plant 'wow corn', every year I have the same feelings as you...feeling naked without the corn but glad to enjoy the few rows my husband plants of sweet corn for us to enjoy! :)

Unknown said...

I guess I should read my comment before submitting...I meant we plant COW corn! :) Oh dear!

Brian Miller said...

nice. getting all kinds of festive...like that table runner...who knows what lives in the corn...bwahaha....smiles

nanny said...

Fall has definitely arrived at The Glen!!! So pretty.

Amen, get rid of the coyotes......

Unknown said...

The weather is certainly turning fall! I love the weekends in the fall cause there is always something good to do!

Betsy Brock said...

Pretty! I put a fall wreath on the front door this week, too!

Zuzana said...

Beautiful decorations! Yes, it is time for pumpkins soon, I love Halloween.;)
Have a great weekend dear Jill,
xoxo

Tanna said...

Beautiful fall photos and decor, Jill! Fall is a wonderful time of year! =D

Anonymous said...

I am loving it around your house..everything looks great! Love the big wreath on the front door! :D

steviewren said...

Love your decorated front porch! In the past few years I seem to have lost my yen to fix up for fall. But I'm turning over a new leaf today. I'm going to buy some plants and a pumpkin and make my porch welcoming. Thanks for the inspiration!

PS Love, love, love the table runner.

Related Posts with Thumbnails