10.26.2010

Simple FALL pleasures

This week at THE GLEN is dedicated to AUTUMN and HALLOWEEN...and one of the MUST HAVES at this time of year are these beautiful little babies from the garden. Aren't they pretty?

Dredged in egg and cornmeal, fried and salted JUST right they are pure satisfaction!

I have an EXCEPTIONAL Momma that knows that NO ONE else in my family likes Fried Green Tomatoes...so she brought me THESE little lovelies for my eating enjoyment. Thanks Mom...they were DELICIOUS!

Do you like Fried Green Tomatoes???

11 comments:

Brian Miller said...

aw. see now that is a good mom...smiles. FGT i can go either way depending on who fixe them...i did see the movie though...

Tanna said...

Oh, yes! I love fried green tomatoes... and I love Moms who prepare special treats... with love for their children, who are always their babies. =)

Anonymous said...

I need to try this. I have fried many veggies from the garden this way but not green tomatoes! Looks yummy! :D

sara said...

are you sure you're not a southern girl?!! Those look delicious and your mom is #1 in my book!!!

Unknown said...

I love fried green tomatoes but I put a little sugar on them before frying. YUM!

Tracey said...

I have never had fries green tomatoes, but I like almost anything dredged, coated and fried. Enjoy your Fall tasties.

nanny said...

I love fried green tomatoes....yum, yum!

Unknown said...

I love fried green tomatoes. It's the little things Mom's do all the time, that makes us feel special. I just signed up to follow your blog and I look forward to reading more of your wonderful posts!

Ella said...

I have always wonder how it would taste, since I saw that wonderful movie in the early nineties. Oh, what I loved and still love, the scene when Kathy Bates drives into the young women and say: I'm older and more insured!

Zuzana said...

Oh, my mouth is watering Jill.;)) How lucky are you.;)
xoxo

Subby said...

OMG! LOOOOOOOVE fgt's ( drool! ). Did up a ( big ) batch a couple weeks ago with the remaining ones, from my garden :)

Didna use the cornmeal tho' ( we opted for the flour and egg )...will have to try it with the cornmeal next time ( more drool! )

Related Posts with Thumbnails